What Are Veneers?
Dental veneers are durable, thin shells made up of tooth-colored material that adheres to the surface of a tooth to improve its appearance and structure. They replicate teeth and are most often used to enhance the appearance and esthetic look of your smile and mouth. Dental veneers can be placed at our dental offices by your Dentist, Dr. Grantham in Copperas Cove.
What Are The Different Types of Veneers in Copperas Cove?
The most common veneer materials are composite bonding, ceramic, and porcelain. Porcelain veneers are made in a lab and are the most resistant to staining compared to the other materials. Composite veneers are made out of resin that is shaped and connected to a tooth to improve its appearance. Ceramic veneers are made from ceramic and are one of the more popular options for patients.
How to Choose Between the Different Types of Veneers
Although veneers come in different materials and colors, they all have the same thing in common: they are designed to be stain-resistant, thin, and durable enough to withstand the natural weathering that your teeth go through. Here are the differences between the different veneer materials:
- Porcelain Veneers: These are a great choice for patients who require small changes to their teeth, such as tooth size, color, and shape. Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular options due to their quality. They are extremely natural-looking and durable; however, they need a special polishing paste for upkeep and are generally the more expensive option.
- Porcelain veneers are thinner compared to other veneers
- They can last up to 15 years
- None of the natural teeth have to be shaved down in most cases
- They have a very natural tooth esthetic
- Composite Bonding Veneers: These veneers are cost-effective, and therefore they are preferred by some patients. They can also be placed in one treatment which reduces your dental visits. Even though they are more affordable, they are more likely to break, chip, or stain, and they last about five years.
- Composite veneers require less tooth preparation compared to other veneers
- High-quality composite veneers look natural
- They cost half of what porcelain veneers do
- Ceramic Veneers: These veneers are considered an excellent choice for many patients. They can take longer to make than the other types of veneers, and patients may experience very brief tooth sensitivity for a few days after the application.
- Ceramic veneers mimic your natural teeth
- They are extremely durable
- They have a natural appearance
- Ceramic veneers will need to be replaced more frequently than porcelain veneers
Your dental specialist in Copperas Cove will happily consult with you to choose the right dental veneers for your unique case.
Why Do I Need Veneers?
Dental veneers are a wonderful solution for people who would like to improve the esthetic appearance of their look and who have the following issues with their teeth:
- Discolored teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Unevenly spaced teeth
What Are The Advantages of Veneers?
If you are self-conscious and want to improve your oral esthetics, then dental veneers are the perfect choice for you. Dental veneers in Copperas Cove are one of the most popular dental procedures performed in cosmetic dentistry today and at Cove Family Dental, we will happily assist you in selecting the right veneers for you.
Here are some of the advantages of dental veneers:
- Veneers repair teeth easily and simply
- Porcelain veneers are a minimally invasive procedure
- Veneers offer a natural esthetic look
- Veneers are a quick cosmetic solution
- Veneer maintenance is easy
- Veneers are durable and long lasting when cared for properly
- Veneers offer a permanent tooth-whitening option
- Veneers are a great investment
- Veneers are a good treatment for preventing enamel loss
What Is the Dental Veneer Procedure?
Receiving dental veneers will generally require about three trips to the dentist. The frequency of visits can vary depending on the type of veneer material that you choose. The first trip is for your consultation; the second and third trips will be for the creation and then the application of your veneers.
It is important to remember that one or multiple teeth can undergo the veneering process simultaneously.
Your Dentist, Dr. Grantham, in Copperas Cove, will be able to advise you on all the necessary steps should you have any questions.
How Long Do Veneers Last?
Dental veneers, on average, last about 7 to 15 years. Different types of veneers have different life spans:
- Porcelain veneers are very strong and can last anywhere between 15-25 years
- Composite veneers can last between 7-10 years
- Ceramic veneers can last between 7 to 20 years
What is the Cost of Veneers?
Dental veneers are considered a cosmetic procedure and aren’t often covered by your dental insurance. In general, you can expect to spend between $925 and $2,500 per tooth if you opt for Porcelain or Ceramic Veneers.
Composite veneers can cost between $600 to $2,000 per tooth.
Your Dentist, Dr. Grantham in Copperas Cove, will be able to advise you on all your veneer costs, should you have any questions. To find out more about the cosmetic dentistry treatments we offer, you can visit our cosmetic dentistry page.
Start Your Smile Journey With Veneers in Copperas Cove Today!
If you would like to learn more about veneers, please schedule a consultation today or give us a call at (254) 845-7531. Our experienced and compassionate team will be delighted to assist you!