Using Better Technology To Address Poor Sleep Health
Obstructive sleep apnea puts your mental and physical health at risk. We provide consultations and sophisticated treatment solutions that eliminate the need for a CPAP machine!
What Is Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) occurs when soft tissues in the throat block your air flow. To breathe again, your body has to wake itself, breaking your rest cycle.
Is Snoring The Only Sign Of Sleep Apnea?
We snore when our airways are partially blocked. This is a common symptom of sleep apnea, but not everyone who snores has this problem. Other symptoms of obstructive sleep apnea include:
- Chronic daytime fatigue
- Negative changes in your mood
- Loss of focus
- Elevated blood pressure
- Difficulty managing other mental and physical health conditions
Can I Deal With Sleep Apnea Without Treatment?
Immediate sleep apnea relief calls for treatment. With that said, there are lifestyle changes to prevent this problem and decrease your future risk:
- If you are overweight or obese, reducing your weight can lead to better nighttime breathing
- Use a humidifier to prevent airway irritation from dry air
- Avoid alcohol and smoking, as alcohol leads to muscle relaxation that results in airway restrictions, while smoking can irritate and inflame the airway
Are There Alternatives To Treatment With A CPAP Machine?
Our office has effective modern non-CPAP solutions for sleep apnea and sleep-disordered breathing, including:
Treatment With A Custom Mouth Guard
A custom mouth guard stops airway interference by correcting your lower jaw’s position while you sleep. We use digital technology to capture measurements of your jaw and oral structures so that you receive the ideal guard for your mouth without the need for any goopy impressions!
Solea® Sleep Laser Therapy
Solea® Sleep Laser Therapy is a comfortable, non-surgical treatment for snoring and sleep apnea. Dr. Grantham uses a special low-energy laser to tighten and stiffen the soft palate and stop airway interference. The procedure takes just minutes, and your results can last for a year or more!
There are many benefits to trusting laser technology to treat snoring and sleep apnea, including:
- It is a quick, one-visit solution that lasts for a year or more
- No anesthetic or surgical care is required
- There is no downtime needed and minimal discomfort during treatment
- You remain free from snoring and sleep apnea symptoms without the need for a special appliance!
Experience Life-Changing Dentistry
Contact Us To Get Started
Ready to take the first step towards a brilliant smile? We’re here to provide personalized, transformative dentistry. Call our office to schedule your consultation!